Thanking God for his mercy, and asking your prayers for southern Taiwan, for those affected by this morning’s 6.4 deadly earthquake. In the Taiwan Episcopal Church, all our clergy and church members are safe. Grace Church, Tainan and St. Peter’s Church, Chiayi are reporting some damage, but all are relieved to be safe. There are widespread power and water outages in the region, and high-speed rail services are cancelled south of Taichung. Tomorrow is Chinese New Year’s Eve, for many the most important family gathering of the whole year. Many have now had their New Year travel plans disrupted. Thank you all for your prayers and support.
- On Top of the World! Yushan / Jade Mountain 玉山 ~ Taiwan’s Highest Mountain 3,952 m (12,966 ft)!
- Taipei Transforms Subway Cars to Mimic Sporting Venues for Upcoming Summer Universiade | Colossal
- Taipei’s Elephant Mountain 象山 and Four Beasts Mountain 四獸山 and 9-5 Peak 九五峯!
- The Cattle of YangMingShan 陽明山, Taipei
- Rixing Type Foundry 日星鑄字行 ~ the last Traditional Chinese Character Letterpress in Taiwan